While scrolling through your news feed on Facebook, you often come across several ads that are relevant to you. When you click on any of these ads, you see a pre-populated form containing all your profile details.
These are lead ads that are designed to capture lead details while offering a free resource or a registration to some event. And the best part is, you can download your leads data in either CSV or XML format from Facebook ads manager as well as Facebook page. In this article, we will go over the steps to download leads from Facebook ad manager.
Benefits of downloading Facebook leads data
Lead ads collect valuable user details that can be used to collect feedback, enhance market research, engage prospects using newsletter subscriptions, and more. Here are few things that you can do post downloading leads from Facebook ad manager:
- Save your leads in your ads manager and use them to refine your target audience.
- Download your leads in a CSV format to use them in other marketing channels.
- Send personalized messages to your leads using their email addresses.
- Sync your leads with a customer-relationship management app to follow-up more efficiently and closing the deal.
How to Download Leads from Facebook Ad Manager?
To download leads from ad manager, you must have ADMIN permissions for your Facebook Page. If you’re not the admin, you need an assigned page role + access to the leads data for your role by the admin for the Ad account where you’ve created your lead Ad. Remember that a person cannot view leads data without a page role assigned.
If you cannot access the data, ask your page Admin to set the right permissions in Leads Access Manager. If you can access the data, you can download data for your ongoing Ads using these steps:
1. Go to Facebook Ads Manager and click on the Ads tab.
2. Select the Ad for which you wish to download leads data.
3. Click on the horizontal three-dotted icon on the toolbar below Ads tab. Click on Download leads data.
4. Choose the date range to download your leads during a certain period. Select the preferred date range and click Download.
5. You will see a screen with the lead Ad name and total leads count for the provided date range. Click CSV or XLS to download the file in your preferred file format.
You can also download leads from your Facebook Page. Here are the steps to get started:
1. Go to your Facebook Page.
2. Click on Publishing tools.
3. Click on the Forms library.
4. Choose the form for which you want to download leads and click Download under Leads column. From here, you’ll have two options.
(i) First, click Download New Leads to download new leads that have appeared since the last time you downloaded your leads.
(ii) Second, click Download by Date Range if you want to download all leads for a certain time period.
5. You’ll see a screen with the form name and total leads count. Click CSV or XLS to download the file in your preferred file format.
Now that you know how to download leads data from ads manager as well as Facebook page, here is a quick overview on what you will receive in your downloaded file.
Details in a Downloaded File
Some common fields you’ll find in your downloaded data file. You may find extra columns related to the custom fields you’ve added to your instant form. Source: Facebook Help Centre
- ad_name: specifies the name of the Ad associated with the Instant Form
- adset_name: specifies the name of the Ad set associated with the Instant Form
- campaign_name: specifies the name of the campaign associated with the Instant Form
- form_name: specifies the name of the Instant Form used for the Ad
- is_organic: specifies whether the lead was acquired via your Ad or by the organic reach of the Ad.
- platform: specifies the platform where the lead was created
You can also visit Facebook’s own documentation for more information.
How to regularly download leads data?
You cannot access leads data beyond the last 90 days on Facebook. We recommend that you download your leads data regularly in your Sheet, Excel or CRM.
Some Facebook lead ads integrations to help you automatically download and save leads in your preferred CRM or spreadsheet.
Do you have trouble accessing your CSV file?
If your Business Manager Admin has customised leads access permissions in Leads Access Manager, make sure you have been provided the right permissions to access the leads data.
Customised Leads Access Manager allows any page role to download leads as long as they have the right permissions. Without customisation, only page Admins can download leads. If you can’t seem to access leads data, contact your Business Manager Admin.
To assign/revoke access to people, partners & CRMs:
1. Go to your Business Manager settings.
2. Click Integrations on the left-side menu.
3. Click Leads access.
4. If this is the first time you've landed on these settings, click Customise access in the message box that appears. If you have already enabled Leads Access Manager, skip to the next step.
5. You'll now see a list of People, Partners and CRMs who have access to your leads information. Also, you’ll see three options above.
- Click Assign People. You should now see a list of people who have been assigned roles on your Facebook Page. Tick the box next to the people you'd like to assign access and then click Assign or
- Click Assign Partners. You should now see a list of partners connected to your Facebook page. Tick the box next to the partners you'd like to assign access and then click Assign or
- Click Assign CRMs. You should now see a list of CRMs integrated with your Facebook page. Tick the box next to the people you'd like to assign access and then click Assign.
6. Now, your selected people, partners and CRMs have access to your leads information.
7. To revoke access, hover to the person, partner or CRM and click the bin icon to remove access for your leads information.
And that's a wrap on how to download leads data from Facebook ads manager and Facebook page. Start downloading your leads data or set up automated workflows to click start nurturing right from your ads.