A few days back, Netflix announced its debut on Shopify. Season 4 of Stranger Things may be a long way, but whenever it does, Netflix trusts Shopify to sell their exclusive merchandise. So what does this mean in the business world? Shopify is expanding its horizon beyond traditional eCommerce businesses and why not.
It is one of the most user-friendly portals for businesses to ‘sell’.Whether you are someone just launching your business or have been a market leader, Shopify is a name that is widely trusted. It’s also one of the best options for small, growing retailers, for a number of reasons:
- Quick and easy to get new online stores up and running
To add to all of this, Shopify’s App store boasts a collection of over 2,400 apps to help retailers of all sizes supercharge their operations. From marketing and sales to inventory management and accounting — and much more — Shopify’s apps allow retailers to do more with less.
In this article, we will look at 20 best Shopify apps that can empower your business and drive more sales. Simultaneously, we will also go over several automation workflows that you can use for your Shopify store to get your business rolling faster.
Let’s dig in.
P.S. For each app, we have covered:
- USP features of the app
- Integration options
- Pricing details
Table of Contents
- 20 Best Shopify Apps to Boost Your eCommerce Business
- Best Shopify Apps for Marketing and Sales
- 1. Klaviyo
- 2. MailerLite
- 3. ReferralCandy
- 4. Sumo
- 5. Sendinblue
- 6. Judge.me
- 7. Automizely
- Best Shopify Apps for Product Sourcing
- 8. Printful
- 9. Oberlo
- Shopify Apps for Inventory Management
- 10. ShipStation
- 11. Stock Sync
- 12. Shipway
- Shopify Apps for Reporting and Analytics
- 13. Hubspot
- 14. BeProfit
- 15. Quickbooks
- Other Shopify Apps To Check Out
- 16. Shopify Email
- 17. Prehook
- 18. Transcy
- 19. Pushowl
- 20. Dovetale
- How to Choose the Right Shopify App?
- Final Takeaway
20 Best Shopify Apps to Boost Your eCommerce Business
Ready to scale your business? Here are 20 Best Shopify apps that can reduce your workload and help you set up a lean and scalable business.
Note: The app listing is not based on any criteria or preferences or order. We have categorized the apps for easier evaluation.
Best Shopify Apps for Marketing and Sales
Klaviyo allows Shopify retailers to create mailing list forms to attract new leads and engage with their current audience — both individually and as a whole.
Once you’ve collected a customer’s contact information, you can use Klaviyo to develop both email and SMS campaigns to deliver valuable content and offers to them. In doing so, you’ll provide your new and existing customers every reason to keep coming back for more.
Key Klaviyo Features
- Pre-built templates for creating registration forms, as well as emails and SMS messages
- Dynamic personalization, targeting, and product recommendations
- Community resources and expert support
Key Klaviyo Integrations
- 100-plus other tools
You can easily cut down the to-and-fro between Shopify and Klaviyo by setting up essential automated workflows using Automate.io. Here are a few use cases to start with:
- Free for up to 250 email and 50 SMS contacts (500 email and 150 SMS messages) monthly
- $20/month for up to 500 email or 500 SMS contacts
- $100/month for 5,000 email or 2,500 SMS contacts
(Note: Monthly prices vary depending on how you combine email and SMS.)
MailerLite is another combination form/email creation app that focuses on individual on-site engagement and audience-wide engagement via email.
Retailers can use MailerLite to create behavioral triggered forms that deliver relevant offers and get visitors to provide their contact info. From there, you can use MailerLite to segment your mailing list and deliver highly relevant newsletters appropriately.
Key MailerLite Features
- Automatic audience segmentation based on engagement and purchase history
- Automated behavior-based outreach (e.g., post-purchase, abandoned carts, etc.)
- Campaign sales/revenue attribution and other reports
Key MailerLite Integrations
To make things easier for you, sync your Shopify data easily with MailerLite by setting up some customized automated workflows as follows:
- Free for 1,000 subscribers, 12,000 monthly emails
- $50/month for 10,000 subscribers and unlimited emails
- $210/month for 50,000 subscribers and unlimited emails
(Each tier also unlocks more advanced features and removes MailerLite branding, as well.)
ReferralCandy enables Shopify retailers to create engaging referral campaigns and full-on referral programs.
With ReferralCandy, you can reward your current customers for making word-of-mouth referrals and also thank incoming customers for their business.
Key ReferralCandy Features
- Create custom landing pages and emails to target high-value referrers
- Automate reward payouts for successful referrals
- Attribute sales to top referrers — and reward them accordingly
Key ReferralCandy Integrations
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Telegram
- $49/month plus commission for unlimited customers, reporting, fraud protection and live chat support
- $3,999 annually (plus commission) for all of the above plus priority support and a dedicated account manager
Sumo is pretty similar to MailerLite. It allows you to create engaging on-site popups, banners, and other forms to capture visitors’ contact info while delivering engaging offers to them.
Sumo also offers automated audience segmentation, making it easy to follow up with new customers based on their on-site behavior.
Key Sumo Features
- Drag-and-drop form and email editor
- Automated and behaviorally-triggered popups
- Laser-focused segmentation for relevant engagements
Key Sumo Integrations
- Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact
- Free for 10,000 monthly emails to unlimited subscribers and up to $500 in attributed revenue
- $49/month for unlimited emails and subscribers, advanced targeting and other features, and one-on-one onboarding support
Sendinblue is an all-in-one email marketing solution for Shopify retailers.
Sendinblue’s email builder makes it easy to send marketing and transactional emails, and SMS messages to your individual customers or mailing list segments.
Sendinblue helps improve the deliverability of your messaging from both an aesthetic and technical standpoint — all but guaranteeing your audience receives your messages as intended.
Key Sendinblue Features
- Attractive and effective email and SMS templates
- In-depth audience segmentation options
- Real-time metric reports regarding deliverability and engagement
Key Sendinblue Integrations
- Google Analytics
Pro tip: Looking to expand your horizon and do more with Sendinblue and Shopify? Try one of these customized workflows (and more) that are easy to set up:
- Free for up to 300 emails per day and unlimited contacts
- $25/month for 10,000 daily emails, A/B testing, and advanced reporting
- $65/month for 20,000 daily emails, automation, landing pages, and Facebook Ads
Note: Advanced tiers start at these prices, and increase based on the number of emails being sent. Sendinblue also offers an enterprise tier of service that offers advanced features and tailored support.
Judge.me enables Shopify users to collect product reviews and ratings from their customers with ease.
Once you’ve collected this social proof, you can then use Judge.me to display it on your product pages and throughout your eCommerce website.
Key Judge.me Features
- Supports text, photo, and video reviews
- Carousel-style review displays
- Shareability of reviews and user-generated content on Facebook and Twitter
Key Judge.me Integrations
- Google Shopping
- Free for basic features, limited customization, and integrations
- $15/month for Judge.me’s full feature stack
On the surface, Automizely is a newsletter and form creator — but it offers much more than that.
In fact, Automizely allows Shopify users to present over thirty types of on-site marketing content. From shipping bars and trust badges to user-generated content and social proof, Automizely makes it easy to engage with your audience in a wide variety of ways.
Key Automizely Features
- Popups for email registration, exit intent offers, cart recovery, and upselling
- Email for all occasions: Welcome drips, abandoned carts, win-back campaigns, and milestones
- Scarcity and urgency messaging and offers to get customers to take immediate action
Key Automizely Integrations
- Integrates with all tools in Automizely and Aftership’s suite
- Free for up to 20,000 contacts
- Enterprise pricing tailored to company needs
Best Shopify Apps for Product Sourcing
Printful’s Shopify App allows designers to add logos, images, and more to products in over 260 categories — from apparel and accessories to home and officeware.
What’s more, Printful also allows your customers to create customized merchandise directly on your Shopify website.
Key Printful Features
- Ability to use Printful’s design tools within your Shopify account
- Source high-quality products from Printful through Shopify
- Offer discounts on sample products to your audience
Key Printful Integrations
- Production cost on a per-product basis
- You only pay after you’ve sold a product
Oberlo sources millions of products from a variety of reputable supplies, allowing drop shippers on Shopify to easily add new items to their store.
Oberlo’s Shopify app also automates much of the fulfillment process, as well. This means less time spent catching up on orders — and more time delivering value to your customers.
Key Oberlo Features
- Automated inventory and price updates
- Bulk and mass ordering made easy
- Customizable listings for engagement and SEO purposes
Key Oberlo Integrations
- Use Shopify’s Buy Button to sell on third-party sites and platforms
- Free for up to 500 products, with limited features
- $7.90/month for up to 500 products, limited features, and advanced dropshipping training
- $29.90/month for 30,000 products, bulk orders, order tracking, and other advanced features
Shopify Apps for Inventory Management
With ShipStation, Shopify users can quickly find the best possible options for shipping products to customers, taking both time and cost into consideration.
ShipStation also streamlines the label creation process, allowing you to get shipments out the door with minimal friction.
Key ShipStation Features
- Supports over 40 carrier services in the US, Canada, UK, and Australia
- Create automation rules for label creation processes
- Track packages within a single dashboard and provide automated updates and other transactional content to recipients
Key ShipStation Integrations
- Dozens of international carrier apps and sites
You can set up automated workflows between ShipStation and Shopify in case you are already signed up on ShipStation. Also, if you are looking to tag orders or change order status, you can benefit from using an integration platform to automate this. Here are a few use cases you can try instantly:
- $9/month for 50 shipments
- $29/month for 500 shipments
- $69/month for 3,000 shipments
- $159/month for 10,000 shipments
(These are the most popular options, with other tiers being more laser-focused to specific sales numbers.)
11. Stock Sync
As the name suggests, Stock Sync syncs your inventory data between your various on- and offline stores, ensuring each reflects accurate, uniform numbers.
You’ll also have access to a singular dashboard, on which you can load your various inventory feeds for maximum visibility. Contact information for your suppliers can also be stored on this dashboard, allowing you to stay in touch with them to ensure deliveries occur as planned.
Key Stock Sync Features
- Supports multiple formats for inventory lists (e.g., CSV, XLS, XML, and more)
- Allows file imports from Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, FTP, and more
- Easy exporting to other distribution channels, such as Amazon Warehouse and Wayfair
Key Stock Sync Integrations
- Most major email providers
Stock Sync Pricing
- Free up to 3,000 SKUs
- $5/month for 4,000 SKUs, 80+ connection methods, and customer support
- $10/month for 10-30,000 SKUs, 3-5 daily automatic inventory updates
- $49+/month for 50,000 or more SKUs, 5+ daily automatic inventory updates
Shipway automates and streamlines a variety of fulfillment processes, such as:
- Label printing
- Re-attempts and other customer outreach
- Returns and exchanges
With Shipway, you’ll spend less time going through the motions to complete these tasks — allowing you to focus on delivering value to your customers. Shipway has a total of 5 apps in the Shopify app list:
- Track order (Free to install)
- SMS and cart recovery (Free to install)
- Returns and shipping automation (Free)
- Pincode serviceability checker (5-days trial)
- Order invoice GST (5-days trial)
Key Shipway Features
- Customer-facing returns page allows for self-service
- Enables exchanges for product variants
- Automatically settle refunds via prepaid payments and/or gift cards
Key Shipway Integrations
Shipway is free to get started, with tailored pricing options based on the individual retailer’s needs.
Shopify Apps for Reporting and Analytics
HubSpot’s Shopify App pulls customer data from your various channels, syncs it, and stores it in a singular, centralized location.
HubSpot’s CRM tool automatically logs customer engagements, tracking service and delivery instances regardless of where they took place. In turn, this ensures that you and your customers can pick up right where they left off — allowing you to deliver continued value to them at every touchpoint.
Key HubSpot Features
- Automated outreach based on customer behaviors and other individual factors
- Create dynamic, in-content CTAs for individual customers
- Deliver product-specific re-engagement ads and offers
Key HubSpot Integrations
- Google Ads
Looking for more added benefits from using Hubspot and Shopify? Try one of these customized workflows immediately:
Hubspot CRM Pricing:
Paid plans start at $45/month for 2 users when billed annually. There is also a free version of the Hubspot CRM where you will get all basic features for contact management.
BeProfit delivers profitability reports in real-time to ensure you’re making the most out of every sale you earn.
You can even schedule customized reports focusing on your various costs, from shipping and inventory management to marketing and customer engagements. You’ll also have access to a single dashboard, on which you can view financial data from every channel you operate on.
Key BeProfit Features
- Per-product profit reports
- Tools to optimize profits via discounts and promotions
- Expense reporting that identifies unnecessary or excessive costs
Key BeProfit Integrations
- Google Analytics
- Social media ad platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Tiktok)
- $15/month for profit overview, unlimited ad integration, and customizable reports
- $50/month for Ad insights, advanced filters and customizations, report templates, and scheduled reports
Quickbooks provides inventory and order management services for eCommerce retailers of all sizes and kinds.
With Quickbooks, you’ll have full visibility of your inventory and orders on all channels — from Shopify to marketplaces and wholesale platforms. As with the other tools we’ve mentioned, this ensures you always have accurate stock numbers and are always able to deliver to your customers as promised.
Key Quickbooks Features
- Create automated workflows to simplify order routing
- End-to-end fulfillment management, from assembly to sale, delivery, and invoicing
- Create personalized catalogs for high-value or wholesale customers
Key Quickbooks Integrations
- Amazon FBA
One of the easiest ways to get started with Quickbooks and Shopify is to integrate both the apps and set up customized automated workflows. Here are a few workflows that you can try:
- $39/month for inventory and order management up to 50 orders
- $99/month for the same, plus Xero and Quickbooks Online syncing
- $249/month for B2B/wholesale support, multi-channel or multi-location support up to 500 orders
- $699/month for demand forecasting and warehouse sales support up to 1,500 sales
Other Shopify Apps To Check Out
Shopify app store is home to thousands of apps. While the top 15 above have earned popularity over time, there are several apps that are new in the store and look promising. Here are a few such new and noteworthy apps that are worth your time.
16. Shopify Email
Shopify’s proprietary email app lets retailers create branded emails using templates that pull the store’s logo, products, images, and descriptions directly from their ecommerce site.
From there, retailers can create email campaigns directly within their Shopify dashboard — and can send emails from their own, branded domains.
Key Shopify Email Features
- Comprehensive segmentation options (on top of Shopify’s “normal” options)
- Easily import customer lists from existing Shopify audiences
- Track email opens and deliverability, and attribute sales to specific campaigns
Key Shopify Email Integrations
- As a proprietary Shopify App, Shopify Email integrates with all apps supported by Shopify
Shopify Email Pricing
- Free for up to 2,500 emails/month
- $1 per 1,000 emails after 2,500
Prehook allows Shopify retailers to create interactive forms and quizzes to capture contact information and gather additional insight from their customers.
From there, teams can use Prehook to develop laser-focused offers, promotions, and other personalized engagements to strengthen individual customer relationships.
Key Prehook Features
- Large selection of form and quiz templates to get campaigns started
- Customizable, branded quizzes presented in line with other on-site content
- Engagement reports for individual customers and entire audience segments
Key Prehook Integrations
- Most popular CRM tools
- Free for up to 600 engagements per month, quiz templates, reporting, and email support
- $35/month for 2,000 engagements per month, all of the above, and phone support
- $95/month for 6,000 engagements per month, all of the above, dedicated onboarding and support
- $195/month for 15,000 engagements per month, all of the above, strategic planning, and quarterly reviews
Transcy allows Shopify retailers to strengthen their international efforts in two key ways.
For one, it automatically translates on-site text into various languages, allowing international consumers to engage with your brand. It also converts product prices to the local or otherwise appropriate currency for individual consumers.
Key Transcy Features
- Supports translation into over 100 languages
- Automatically detects and translates new site content
- Allows for manual translations when necessary
Key Transcy Integrations
- Google Translate
- Shipping Bar
- Reviews Widget
- Free for up to 2,000 translated words, currency geolocation
- $17.90/month for 100,000 words, third-party translations, language geolocation, and support
- $39.90/month for 250,000 words, along with 50,000 added words translated automatically and in-image language translation
(Note: You can also add more words per month a la carte if need be.)
PushOwl lets you send web-based push notifications so that you can keep your buyers engaged even when they are not engaging with your website. No setup or code changes required, simply add the app to your business and you are good to go. It is one of the certified apps by Shopify Plus.
Key PushOwl Features
- Automated push notifications for cart recovery
- Push notifications for customer retargeting
- Automated subscriber sync
- Customized delivery time
Key PushOwl Integrations
- Forever free plan
- Business plan starts at $19/month with a 60-day money-back guarantee
Dovetale makes it easy for retailers to find, qualify, and recruit influencers to help spread brand awareness and engage new audiences.
Once you’ve connected with an influencer, you can use Dovetale to track their efforts and attribute sales to the content they’ve created. From there, you can automate the delivery of payment and rewards as appropriate.
Key Dovetale Features
- Create customizable application pages and forms
- Develop individual reward structures for each influencer you work with
- Monitor profitability for all influencer campaigns on a single dashboard
Key Dovetale Integrations
- Free for up to five influencers, unlimited applications, unlimited gifts
- $50/month for 50 influencers ($1 more for anything over 50); email support
- $250/month for 500 influencers, $0.50 additional for anything over 500
Now that you know about the apps that are making a difference for businesses, here’s an overview of how you can select the right app for your business.
How to Choose the Right Shopify App?
You may or may not need all of these apps. It can also be that you are looking for more variations, which ofcourse, are available in the Shopify app store. Before you decide on the apps you want to integrate with your business, it is essential you are sure that your choice of the app will benefit your business now and in the long run.
Some may be too advanced and complex for your current needs; others may not provide the exact features you’re looking for. In a nutshell, you should be looking to adopt apps that:
- Are objectively high in quality
- Focus on specific processes your team often struggles with
- Are cost-effective, and whose features are tailored to businesses like yours
For your convenience, we have rounded up all the information above in a table so that you can quickly refer to each app and take a call.
|Best Shopify Apps in 2021|
|App Name||Unique Features||Key Integrations||Pricing|
||$49/month plus commission for unlimited customers, reporting, fraud protection, and live chat support|
||Integrates with all tools in Automizely and Aftership’s suite||
||Production cost on a per-product basis.
You only pay after you’ve sold a product
||Use Shopify’s Buy Button to sell on third-party sites and platforms||
||$9/month for 50 shipments|
||Shipway is free to get started, with tailored pricing options based on the individual retailer’s needs|
||Paid plans start at $45/month for 2 users when billed annually|
||$15/month for profit overview|
||$39/month for inventory and order management up to 50 orders|
||As a proprietary Shopify App, Shopify Email integrates with all apps supported by Shopify||
||Free for up to 2,000 translated words. Then, $17.90/month for 100,000 words|
Pro Tips for Every Shopify User
Pro Tip #1: Make sure your Shopify store is properly optimized for SEO. Unless your store is optimized for search engines, you cannot drive organic traffic to your sites. Consequently, irrespective of how many apps you integrate, you may never see a growth curve for your business.
Pro Tip #2: Shopify has a host of apps in its app store yet you may find some of your favorites still missing. If there is an app that you need to integrate with Shopify (that is currently not there in the app store), you can try integrating it using Webhooks. Webhook allows you to integrate two apps by sending data from one app to another.
Pro Trip #3: Apart from the automated workflows with Shopify mentioned above, there are various other workflows between other apps that you can start off with for your eCommerce business, like:
(1) Sync your collaboration tools with your invoicing apps to keep your team updated on a new invoice or any other modifications (And vice-versa).
(2) Sync your CRM with productivity tools to streamline your teams’ efforts in driving traffic and conversion.
Additionally, you can set up workflows like:
- Set up chatbots to capture visitor information and resolve basic queries
- Create workflows between Facebook lead ads and Google Sheets to automatically capture new leads
- Set up automated workflows to send out email nurturing campaigns based on user details in the marketing tools; etc.
Whether you’re just getting your Shopify store up and running or are looking to take it to the next level, the apps we’ve discussed here should be enough to get you started.
It’s not about choosing the Shopify Apps with the most bells and whistles, or that “everyone else is using”.
It’s about taking a close look at your organization’s needs and identifying the apps that will best allow you to overcome the obstacles you’re currently facing. Or, thinking more positively, look for the apps that allow you to do more than you ever thought possible.